Tickets go on Sale Wed., Sept. 5 at the WYO Theater and SheridanWYOFilmFest.org
SHERIDAN, Wyo. (September 4, 2018) – The Sheridan WYO Film Festival debuts Oct. 5 – 7 with more than 33 shorts and full-length independent film features by budding and seasoned filmmakers from the U.S., France, Germany, Canada, Belgium, Australia and Ireland. The festival received more than 600 film entries from 54 countries.
The festival begins Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. with the world premiere of Miss Snake Charmer directed by Rachael Waxler and EmaLee Arroyo. Film screenings, filmmaker panels and Q&As, networking events, a Virtual Reality Rodeo Arcade and closing film screening, Rodents of an Unusual Size, round out the three-day festival. VIP tickets ($100/ea.) include entry to all screenings, the Friday, Oct. 5 VIP opening reception and the Saturday, Oct. 6 VIP post-screening mixer. Individual tickets ($10/ea.) offer entry to individual events. VIP and individual tickets are expected to sell out, so advanced ticket purchase is encouraged. Tickets are available at the WYO Theater and online at SheridanWYOFilmFest.org.
“Sheridan is a creative community that thrives through the exploration of new ideas and experiences. We launched the Sheridan WYO Film Festival to encourage independent filmmaking and bring together a menu of fun and thought-provoking screenings and immersive experiences,” said festival director, Justin Stroup.
On Saturday, Oct. 6 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., guests of all ages are invited to the Virtual Reality Rodeo Arcade where they’ll experience the latest boundary-pushing works from some of the most innovative VR developers and filmmakers from around the world. Participants could find themselves on patrol in the African Savanna, diving deep to witness the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef, or even skyrocketed into space to help an alien spacecraft pilot through an asteroid field…all while sitting in the Mars Black Box at the historic WYO Theater in downtown Sheridan, Wyoming. This all-day experience is free and open to the public.
“Our first-year festival lineup is focused on innovative, inspirational films that capture the independent spirit of the world’s greatest storytellers and filmmakers,” said Sheridan Travel & Tourism director, Shawn Parker. “Ticket holders can even rub shoulders with the artists (both notable and up-and-coming) at special pre-screening mixers and after parties.”
Sheridan WYO Film Festival Schedule of Events
Friday, Oct. 5
- VIP & Filmmaker Mixer/cocktails/welcome party sponsored by the Whitney Center at the Whitney Center for the Arts, Sheridan College: 5:30-7 p.m. (*VIP ticket holders only)
- Opening Night Film & World Premier of Miss Snake Charmer followed by Filmmaker Q&A at the Whitney Center for the Arts – 7:30 p.m. (VIP & Individual Tickets)
Saturday, Oct. 6
- Virtual Reality Rodeo Exhibit at WYO Theater 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Free, no tickets required)
- “Morning Cup of Shorts” Nine short films with Filmmaker Q&A at WYO Theater 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (VIP & Individual Tickets)
- Character Design/Animation demo at Whitney Center for the Arts: 1:00-2:00 p.m. (Free, no tickets required)
- “Insert Witty Name Here” Eight short films with Filmmaker Q&A at WYO Theater: 3:30 – 5:15 p.m. (VIP & Individual Tickets)
- “USDA Prime Certified Shorts” Nine short films from around the world with Filmmaker Q&A: 7:30-9:00 (VIP & Individual Tickets)
- VIP & Filmmaker Party (location TBA) 9:30pm (*VIP Ticket holders only)
Sunday, Oct. 7
- Five Experimental Film Shorts with Filmmaker Q&A at Whitney Center 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (VIP & Individual Tickets)
- Virtual Reality Rodeo Exhibit at WYO Theater: 1 – 4 p.m. (VIP & Individual Tickets)
- Closing Film Screening: Rodents of Unusual Size with Filmmaker Q&A at WYO Theater: 2 – 3:30 p.m. (VIP & Individual Tickets)
The Sheridan WYO Film Festival celebrates great stories.
A platform for independent filmmaking, creative expression and immersive entertainment, the Sheridan WYO Film Festival supports emerging and established voices, curates innovative and interactive experiences, and introduces new technology and ideas through panels, premieres, exhibitions, and live performance.
The Sheridan WYO Film Festival is presented by ERA Carroll Realty and sponsored by Sheridan Media, the WYO Theater, Whitney Center for the Arts, Flood Marketing and Tandem Productions.
Learn more at sheridanwyofilmfest.org.
Sheridan WYO Film Festival
Kelly Pascal Gould
Pascal Public Relations